- The top of the Flying Geese is the part where the two B triangles (wings) overlap. Lay out a Flying Geese so the top is pointing away from your body. Sew a 5” C3 square to the RIGHT end of the Flying Geese. Make 8.
- Sew a 5” B square to the LEFT end of a Flying Geese + square row. Make 4.
- Sew a 5” C3 square to the LEFT end of the remaining Flying Geese + square rows. Make 4.
- This was the Early Bird Clue – if you have already finished it, skip to the next step. Stitch and flip a 5” C1 square onto one end of a C3 rectangle to make ½ Flying Geese component, then stitch and flip a 5” C1 square onto the opposite end to make a complete Flying Geese. Make 4.
- The top of the Flying Geese is the part where the two C1 triangles (wings) overlap. Lay out two Flying Geese, bottom edges together. Slide the Geese apart and sew a 9½” C1 square between them. Make 1.