Click HERE to download the full pattern and visit the gallery!
Adding the border will increase the size of your quilt to 72×72″
Fabric and Cutting
|1⅛ yd B|
½ yd C1
|Cut 4- 6½” x WOF strips B|
Cross-cut into 8 – 6½ x 18½” strips
Cut 4* – 3½” x WOF strips B
Cut 4* – 3½” x WOF strips C1
Stop! Read the first step below before cutting your fabric!
- Sew B/C strips into 4 – 6½” x WOF strip sets, then cross-Cut into 40 – 3½ x 6½” striplets. *You may be able to get 4 or 5 striplets from a leftover stripset in your Fairy Princess bag. If you can, you only need to cut 3 WOF strips of B and C1.
- Sew 2 striplets together to make a 4-patch block. Make 20.
- Lay out 2 4-patches so that the C1 squares meet at the bottom center. Spread the 4-patches apart and insert (sew) an 18½” B strip between them. Make 8 border rows.
- Sew 2 border rows together end-to-end. The C1 patches should be touching in the center of the row.
- Lay out 2 4-patches so that the C1 squares meet at the top center. Spread them apart and insert a long border row. All C1 patches along the top edge of the border row should be touching (no checkerboards!).
- Finish by adding the 4 border rows to the quilt top. Remember, no checkerboards!